This workshop focuses on you and your new baby in the first weeks. You will feel more prepared for what to expect from your new baby, Discuss why babies cry and how to help them, encourage sleep and confidence in you as parents. All techniques are research / evidence based and promote good attachment and bonding with parents and child.
We will cover:
- baby’s first week – the effect of birth,
- Your first decisions as parents – vitamin k, newborn spot screening
- Your baby’s health – jaundice, signs of illness, role of the health visitor and GP
- transition to parenthood / confident parenting
- understand why your baby is crying
- have confidence to respond to their cries appropriately
- a tool bag of techniques to calm, soothe and comfort baby
- understand sleep patterns and promote sleep for baby and parents
- understand colic and how to avoid it / cope with it
- understand babywearing
This workshop is for Mums and Dads.
This workshop is most suited to couples between 27 weeks and 41 weeks of pregnancy.
“An enjoyable and informative workshop that really builds your confidence and gives you a better understanding of your baby’s behaviour. The skills we learnt in the workshop were put to the test with a friend’s baby the very same day, to great effect! It has made me feel a lot more relaxed about the arrival of our own little one in a few weeks time and I am looking forward to the postnatal Mother and Baby course which I have already signed up for. Would definitely recommend this workshop!” Sarah Q
The workshop is £35 per couple which includes information pack, and a 10% discount voucher for the mother and baby group. Please contact me to book now.