This workshop focuses on you and your new baby in the first weeks. You will feel more prepared for what to expect from your new baby, Discuss why babies cry and how to help them, encourage sleep and confidence in you as parents. All techniques are research / evidence based and promote good attachment and bonding with parents and child.
We will cover:
- baby’s first week – the effect of birth,
- Your first decisions as parents – vitamin k, newborn spot screening
- Your baby’s health – jaundice, signs of illness, role of the health visitor and GP
- transition to parenthood / confident parenting
- understand why your baby is crying
- have confidence to respond to their cries appropriately
- a tool bag of techniques to calm, soothe and comfort baby
- understand sleep patterns and promote sleep for baby and parents
- understand colic and how to avoid it / cope with it
- understand babywearing
This workshop is for Mums and Dads.
This workshop is most suited to couples between 27 weeks and 41 weeks of pregnancy.
The workshop is £35 per couple which includes information pack, and a 10% discount voucher for the mother and baby group. Please contact me to book now.