I offer full antenatal care, replacing that which you get in the NHS. I am insured through the Royal College of Nursing for the antenatal and postanal care.
Independent private midwifery care offers more flexibility of times of appointments, more time for you, easy phone access 24/7 and continuity of carer.
Lengthy, relaxed and unrushed appointments in your own home (or other venue of your choice) allow you to ask as many questions and discuss whichever topics you would like. It also helps us form a trusting relationship before your birth which has been proven to be beneficial for you and reduce the need for pain relief and increase your chance of normal birth.
Evening and weekend appointments are available to suit you and your partner. Expectant Dad’s often feel left out and I want to give them the opportunity to be involved and enjoy this time. It’’s his baby too!
I ask for an initial consultation, where you can meet me, find out a little more about me and why I have decided to work outside the NHS. You can decide if I work in a way which will suits you.
- Appointments at a venue and time of your choice
- Appointments lasting around one hour
- Antenatal checks on your well-being
- Checks on baby’s wellbeing
- Routine blood tests, screening, scans
- Referral to other health professionals as needed
- Support and attendance with you to hospital appointments if you need it.
- Phone support in-between appointments as you need it
- Up to 12 appointments approx one hour long.
Please visit the fees page for prices.